"Training that Drives Results"
Lead by Jackie Rainforth
"RBC Women Entrepeneur Award" nominee
DID YOU KNOW? ALBERTA JOB GRANT can pay 2/3 training costs!
Applicant Guide and Forms
The Canada-Alberta Job Grant involves three steps: application, reimbursement and completion. Before applying, be sure to download and review the Canada-Alberta Job Grant Applicant Guide (PDF)
STEP ONE: APPLICATION
STEP TWO: REIMBURSEMENT (submit once all training on the application has been paid for)
STEP THREE: COMPLETION (submit once all training is completed to receive final grant payment)
The following tips have been compiled by the CAJG grant officers to help you avoid processing delays.
Quick Tips for successfully completing your forms:
Application Form Tips
- Read the applicant guide before filling out the application form.
- Only training courses that are approved before they start will be funded by the CAJG.
- Apply a minimum 30 days before your program’s start date and only for courses that start within six months.
- You may pay for the cost of training as soon as your application is signed and submitted. However, if your application is declined, you will be responsible for the training costs incurred.
- Forms must be completed and submitted with the original signature, and dated when signed. These documents are a legal contract, and photocopied signatures cannot be accepted.
- If requesting out of province training, you must provide a brief explanation on the application as to why you are not able to use an Alberta based training provider.
- If requesting a certificate or diploma program, avoid processing delays by listing each of the courses that will start within 6 months. The program name is not required.
- We must be able to verify training dates, hours and costs. Send supporting documentation with the application.
- The amount of your training requests must be in Canadian dollars.
- If circumstances change after your application is submitted, call us as soon as possible. We may require a new application which will impact your training invoice and start date.
- Application forms must be mailed to the address provided and cannot be accepted by courier.
Reimbursement Form Tips
- Read the applicant guide before filling out the reimbursement form.
- If you are replacing trainees you must submit new trainee forms (PART C of the Application Form).
- Ensure your reimbursement form is complete and includes your reference number. An original signature is required and the date when the form is signed. Photocopied signatures cannot be accepted.
- Reimbursement cannot exceed the amount of funding or the number of trainees you were approved for.
- You will not receive payment without receipts to verify costs. Invoices are not sufficient. Receipts must include the name of the training provider, the employer, the trainee(s) as well as the course name(s), date(s) and cost.
- If your trainee is taking multiple courses, submit only one reimbursement form after you have paid for all courses and collected all receipts.
- Any receipts for training costs paid for before the date the application was signed and submitted cannot be reimbursed. Any courses started before approval cannot be reimbursed.
- Direct deposit forms must be fully complete and stamped by the bank. Incomplete or blank forms will result in a cheque being issued. If sending a void cheque, it must be in the legal name of the company.
- Direct deposit information is only required once.
- Reimbursement forms must be mailed to the address provided and cannot be accepted by courier.
Completion Form Tips
- List only the trainees who did NOT finish or start training.
- Do not send certificates of completion but retain them for your records.
- Your signature is required in ink. A photocopied signature cannot be accepted.
- Completion forms must be mailed to the address provided and cannot be accepted by courier.
Trouble downloading forms?
1. Only use Internet Explorer. Adobe will not work with other browsers.
- If using a different browser, save the file to your computer and open within Adobe Acrobat.
2. Only use Adobe to fill out the forms.
Don’t Be Overwhelmed!
‘Alberta Job Grant Tracker‘
Receive Yours Free Today
Contact Rainmakers for more details.
We would be happy to assist with any questions you might have!
"We’re here to help...
Contact: 403 615 2333
Enhance your Company Culture
Free COLOURS PERSONALITY PROFILE TODAY
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Driving Results Free E-book
To improve your bottom line TODAY